This page is dedicated to Haryana Public Service Commission [HPSC]. As HPSC does not have its own website while whole world is stressing upon “e-governance”. In this Page you will find almost everything happing at HPSC [Oops at last HPSC got a website so u can catch them @ hpsc.gov.in]
HPSC [Merit Principle or Patronage system]
I would like to mention some interesting stories of HPSC. Let me tell you the reality of [HPSC] Haryana public service commission.
This incident happened in HCS-2002 Exam-
Shalender Singh Birla, who secured 565 marks out of 600 in the written examination of HCS-2002 exam but was given only 17 marks out of 100 in the interview by the commission.
One another Scheduled Caste candidate, Ranjit Kaur, who got 90 marks in the interview despite having scored 493 marks in the written exam
Birla, the candidate was so intelligent that he had qualified for admission to all six IIMs, which is a rare distinction, yet the HPSC did not consider him intelligent enough to be selected in the HCS and he was given only 17 marks in the interview as against Ranjit Kaur, who was given 90 marks in the interview. Birla was pushed to the much junior post of assistant excise and taxation officer (AETO), which he did not join as a protest against the unfair selection.
List of few candidates joined In HCS-2002 exam:-
- Sarita Malik, daughter of then director-general of police M.S. Malik
- Surender Kumar, a close relative of Chautala [C.M]
- Jagdeep, a close relative of then chairman of the commission K.C. Bangar[Suspended by current Governor]
- Kuldhir Singh, son of Sher Singh Badsami, political adviser to then Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala.
Later when HC asked for answer sheets of these candidates, In Hindi paper, though Kuldhir spelt the word “Hindi” as “Hindhi”
In the history paper, although he attempted four questions, he was given awards for five questions.
in the case of Jagdeep, a close relative of then chairman of the commission K.C. Bangar, awards were given for five questions, though he had attempted only four questions in the geography paper and some of the answers were written afterwards, may be outside the examination hall.
The discrepancies were observed in the geography, criminal law and Hindi papers, where the difference in handwriting and tampering with marks was clear.
Today after passing eight years of this incident case is still pending in court and all these candidates serving Haryana Govt. proudly.
After a gap of 5 years HPSC organized HCS-2009 exam under aegis of new chairman [Mr. Batra who later replaced by Mr. R D Sheokand] but HPSC failed to meet standard of Transparency and Accountability. Commission charged a fee of Rs. 1000/candidate when UPSC charged Rs. 20/candidate for same. Commission didn’t allow candidates to take away question papers neither in Prelims nor in Mains. May I ask why..??? Once again when final result of HCS-2009 was declared by HPSC on 4th Jan 2011, History repeated itself and most influential candidates (Close relatives of Board Members, Political Leaders and Bureaucrats) sailed through. INLD (Main Opposition Political Party) came with an advance list of 15 names on 21st December 2010 who would get selected and socking reality is that 10 names out of them are in the list of successful candidates
List of some favoured candidates in HCS-2009 Exam:-
**This time written carried 600 marks and interview carried 75 marks
- Anu Sheokand (Roll N0- 1247), daughter of HPSC’s Chairperson R D Sheokand (completed his term on 5th Jan 2011) got selected in HCS (Ex. Br.) with a total score of 469 (411 in written + 58 in interview)
- Pradeep Kumar (Roll No- 2394), close relative of Congress MLA Karan Singh Dalal got selected in HCS (Ex. Br.) with a total score of 497 (433 in written + 64 in interview)
- Shalini Chetal (Roll No- 3126), close relative of Congress MLA Naveen Jindal got selected in HCS (Ex. Br.) with a total score of 457 (392 in written + 65 in interview)
- Vivek Kalia (Roll No- 3698), son of Ambala Division’s Commissioner Mahindra Kalia got selected in HCS (Ex. Br.) with a total score of 426 (366 in written + 60 in interview) in SC category
- Sandeep Dahiya (Roll No- 2931), nephew of Asha Hooda (wife of current CM) got selected as ETO with a total score of 431 (371 in written + 60 in interview)
- Vijender Hooda (Roll N0- 3553), close relative of Congress MLA Krishan Hooda got selected as ETO with a total score of 453 (394 in written + 59 in interview)
- Pradeep Yadav (Roll No- 2497), son of Jind’s DC Abhay Singh Yadav got selected as ETO with a total score of 441.2 (379 in written + 62.2 in interview)
- Vikas Sharma (Roll No- 3575), nephew of HPSC’s member P Sharma got selected as AETO with a total score of 425 (359 in written + 66 in interview)
- Shefali Verma (Roll No- 3118), daughter of HSSC’s secretary P D Verma got selected as AETO with a total score of 404 (344 in written + 60 in interview)
- Satish (Roll No- 3058), close relative of Congress MLA Karan Singh Dalal got selected as AETO with a total score of 416 (376 in written + 40 in interview)
Apart from above mentioned candidates several other candidates who are close to either Politicians or Bureaucrats made it in list of successful candidates. They all are supposed to join on 18th Jan 2011. Many deserving candidates, who did very well in the written test, were intentionally given low marks in the interview either to push their rank low or kick them out. For instance candidate with Roll No-1184 has secured 411 marks in the written test but only 18 in the interview. Similarly, a candidate bearing Roll No- 2069 secured 409 marks in the written test but only 11 in the interview. There is very high variation in marks awarded in interview from minimum 10 to maximum 66. It will be not wrong we say that HCS stands for “Hidden Civil Services”
Good news is that more posts of HCS are coming in next month but I am sure that same will happen again until we will not get united. We Indians are born lazy. We study like hell, work like donkeys and then in the end we become victims of corruption, nepotism and favoritism. In the last we say what we can do now-? Nothing gonna change because system is like that only. I want to ask who created this bloody system. We the mango people give them power to play with us. Imagine what we can do…. if we UNITE together…! But problem is that today’s youth do not wanna fight. They have accepted it as their destiny. In front of curtain our leaders are talking about crushing corruption and infusing transparency in the system but behind curtain they are flourishing corruption, nepotism and favoritism. Unsound recruitment policy is the root cause of all other social problems like Dowry, Corruption, Unemployment, Poverty and Violent Protests like Naxalism. Suppose a person who is getting in system (Elite Services) by paying a handsome amount of bribe says 50 lacs. How we can expect him to be honest in his public dealings and why he did’t ask for a lucrative dowry as he has to re-earn the amount he has paid to get in by Tit or Tat
Don’t you guys think that we deserve a fair treatment with better accountability from Haryana Govt-? Kya Yaar Shame on us. I think we all are responsible for current system and nothing gonna change until youth of this country remain a mute spectator. Please come forward young guns of India. Save this country and our state. Ensure the fairness and transparency of exam. HPSC keep playing with aspirants since last one decade..!!!!! Its time to make a change guys…!!!! Till when we will keep dancing on the tune of politics-? I think things will never get change until we stop acting like a puppet with our strings in hands of few chameleons. Let’s do something for upcoming Aspirants. What we need at this point of time is UNITY and some ACTION PLAN to get rid of this exploitation because
Hum ubalte hain to bhuchaal ubal jate hain
Hum machalte hain to tufaan machal jate hain..!!!
Hume badalne ki kaushish karni hai ae dosto
Kyonki, Hum badalte hain to “ITIHAAS” badal jate hain..!!!
Hope you will find information valuable in claiming ever increasing accountability and transparency in Indian bureaucracy. If you guys have some plans to change this system and to avoid coming pain please let me know…!!!!!
HPSC and State Politics
On 23rd September 2009 Congress released 1st list of 68 out of 90 candidates for the upcoming Haryana Assembly elections on 13th October. I was shocked to see that HPSC Chairman Mr. Bharat Bhushan Batra managed to get ticket form Rohtak constituency on recommendation of current C.M. Mr. Hooda. He resigned from the apex post of HPSC just 3 hours before the announcement of list. Earlier he was appointed as chairman of HPSC on 11th August 2008 after suspension of all former members including Chairman K.C. Banger [due to allegations of HCS-2002 recruitment scam during Chautala regime]. The resignation of Mr. Batra came when HPSC is going through the recruitment process of HCS-2009 exam after a long span of seven years. What to say about merit principle-?